I am really enjoying this 1884 sampler. It is fun and relaxing to stitch, just as a project should be. I know it looks like I made a mistake, but I didn’t. It is kind of weird to see a sampler from the 1880s without a J, though. Usually samplers before 1800 were the ones made using the old alphabet. I’m not sure exactly why this one has omitted it, but I love older samplers and will be changing the stitcher’s name and date anyway. I’m thinking of sometime in the early 1800s, but I have to scour my family tree on ancestry.com to see who this sampler should be named after. I think she will have to have had a short name, in order for it to fit into Flora’s design!