Lots of Progress!

Posted on

Here is my latest progress photo of the mystery project.

This chart is from a magazine, so it is cut up into 5 pieces for saving space. That’s why I am kind of all over the place on this one. I am almost done with the 4th section. I have been getting a lot done in the last few days. Unfortunately, I made two errors. The first was in the grass on the lower right. It was supposed to be mostly light green, but I accidentally used the wrong color. When I went to stitch the second symbol, I realized my mistake. I had done so much work, I decided not to rip it all out. There are so many different shades of green that I wouldn’t have even known what to rip. So I kind of improvised and scattered the remaining area with light and dark green. The other mistake was on the very left edge. I started at the bottom row and stitched one cross stitch more than I should have. So when I got to the top of the light purple area by the green stem, I was off. Since I stitched side to side, not top to bottom, I would have to take out ALL of the light purple and start again. I looked at the top left part of the chart and it was pretty sparse, so I decided to just leave it and now I will have to add one extra row on the side all the way up. It shouldn’t be hard because it is just foliage, but I will have to remember when I stitch that part to not start on the left side and work towards the center! If I do that, following the chart, I will be off by one. What a mess! This is what happens when you stitch with kids around and get in about 5 or 6 stitches in between “I’m hungry”, “I’m thirsty”, and “I have to go potty”! I knew I just had to fill in with purple, so I wasn’t looking at the chart. If I had been, I would have noticed right away that I was doing one extra stitch between the edge and the green stem. Grrrr!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *