This is another project that I started about 12-15 years ago and almost finished, but then put away. Itis called “Sewing Machine Curly Q’s” by NeedleMagic, Inc. It is stitched on perforated plastic and the floss they give you is not typical DMC. Instead, it is a non-divisible, cheaply made yarn. I did all of the stitching, and then some of the backstitch, and then quit. When I got this project out again a few days ago, it was really hard work to stitch. The yarn is so thick, it makes threading a needle nearly impossible. And because all that was left was backstitch, all of the holes had already been used up with other yarn. So my fingers really took a beating on this one. In the end, I tossed the black yarn that came with it and used 3 strands of DMC to finish. It saved my fingers, and I don’t think you can really tell which part of the project is stitched with which thread. The package came with a magnet, plant poke dowel, and wire for hanging; you choose which you want to use.
I am so glad to have another UFO done and out of the way. Now I have to decide – tackle a large unfinished project (deer in the woods, Adrienne’s Christmas stocking, or the Peacock Tapestry), or start stitching small designs as gifts for the kids’ teachers. Decisions, decisions…